Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Time


I was staying at the apartment of another dear friend, one I haven't mentioned before in Worcester. I was in the kitchen working; I'm very domestic, rendered invisible by work so she and perhaps half a dozen of her friends paid no attention to my eavesdropping.
She was asked about her first time, just shrugged with a tiny touch of sadness and said, "...some meaningless guy in high school"
Every one of the other women nodded knowingly, all resigned to a life of lousy sex.
I swore an oath to myself in that moment
"With god as my witness and besides myself, my only witness, I will never be some woman's meaningless guy"

Words by SW pic from ingrid-betancourt-rape-video.html (warning this website looks rough, even by my standards)

No comments:

Post a Comment